While traveling through PA in a camper rental, don’t forget to spend a night at the Colonel Crawford Park Area on Woodcock Creek Lake. It is also the ideal setting for outdoor and recreational activities. There are a number of exceptional recreational facilities in the Colonel Crawford Park Area that are provided by the Corps of Engineers to enhance your visit and stay at the lake.
Woodcock Creek Lake Activities
- Hiking: The Bossard Nature Trail is designated as a National Recreation Trail as part of the National Trails System. Nature and hiking enthusiasts have the unique opportunity to make exciting new discoveries on their own. Experience the great outdoors on a self-guided nature walk, and don’t forget stop to observe the world around you from one of the two observation blinds located along the trail.
- Picnicking: The Colonel Crawford Park Area located on Woodcock Creek Lake has a number of different picnicking areas available for guests. Some are located near the playground so your whole family can enjoy this outdoor lunch adventure.
- Boating: Because the lake is relatively small, a 10hp limit is in effect for all powerboats. This limit helps retain the serene and relaxing nature of the lake. It also ensures the safety of other types of pleasure crafts including canoes, sailboats, and sailboards. There is a six-lane boat launch on the south shore of Wood Creek Lake.
- Fishing: Woodcock Creek Lake is known for its fantastic fishing opportunities. This lake is home to trout, bass, muskie, walleye, and panfish, and attracts anglers from across the country. The lake’s relaxing atmosphere and abundance of fish make this the perfect opportunity to get away and clear your mind.
- Camping: The campsites are spacious, and they are first-come, first-served, so try to get there early. Pack your things, load up the camper rental, and escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The campsites are equipped with drinking water, a camper dumping station, as well as picnic areas.
Staying in a camper rental at the Colonel Crawford Park Area on Woodcock Creek Lake is the summer vacation your family will never forget, and Freedom RV Rentals can help make that a reality. Freedom RV Rentals in Altoona, PA has fully equipped camper rentals available for your convenience. Contact us by calling 814-695-9408 and reserve a camper rental today.