RV Rental Policies
- A minimum security deposit of $1,000 (motorhomes) or $500 (trailers) must be paid at departure. The remaining balance must be paid 30 days prior to pick up date.
- We reserve the right to refuse any applicant.
- A familiarization tour is required to acquaint the customer and drivers with the operation of the vehicle before departure.
- Motorhome hookup involves connecting the electrical cord, the water, and sewer hose.
- Pots, pans, silverware and linens are not furnished, except with the housekeeping package for an additional fee. Class C motorhome rentals are equipped with TV, VCR, DVD, and AM/FM stereo radio.
- All doors should be secured prior to travel, this includes locking and dead-bolting.
- Do not climb the ladder or get on top of the motor home. All passengers should use the provided seat belts. Child safety seats are required to be used.
- Storing of items on rental unit roof or exteriors is not permitted.
- No warranties are made concerning fuel mileage and fuel tank capacity. We assume no liability for fuel consumption rates. All gasoline and all propane refueling during the trip are at the customer’s expense.
- We highly recommend purchasing the additional insurace policy provided through our office. (*For Motorhome Rentals Only)
- 100 free miles per night; up to 1,000 additional miles at $0.39 per mile; more than 1,000 additional miles cost $0.45 per mile. (*For Motorhome Rentals Only)
Pick Up and Drop Off
- All rentals must be dropped off by 2:00 p.m. on the day they are scheduled to be returned. Pick up times are scheduled by appointment between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Weekend pickups and deliveries are available for an additional fee of $50.00 for Saturdays and $75.00 for Sundays.
- The customer agrees that he or she will return unit in same condition as picked up, excluding normal wear, and that the unit will be clean, full of gas, and have the tanks emptied. If the unit is damaged or not clean to our satisfaction, the customer will be charged accordingly.
- If the customer drops off a vehicle before or after our regular business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, or if the vehicle is dropped off on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday when we are not available to check the vehicle in, the customer will be held responsible for any damages that may occur to the vehicle until we have the next available opportunity to check it in during regular business hours.
- No refunds will be issued for early returns or late pickups.
Questions About Our Policies? We’re Here to Help: (866) 876-7368
- Qualified drivers must be 25 years of age or older and possess a valid and identifiable driver’s license. A driver’s license, references, and place of employment are required as identification prior to rental and will be verified.
- All drivers must be listed on, and sign the Rental Agreement and will bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Rental Agreement. Any invoice billed after the rental is to be returned with payment in full within 15 days of the billing date.
Damage and Mechanical Issues During Rental Period
- If a mechanical breakdown should occur, the renter is responsible to repair the rental vehicle immediately. Any charges up to $150.00 can be made without prior authorization and will be refunded after presenting itemized bills. Renter must retain broken parts or tires.
- Awnings are not covered by our insurance company. The renter’s own insurance company may cover damage, however the renter is ultimately responsible for any damage to awning. Awnings must be properly secured to the unit during storms or when renter is not present.
- Damage under the cost of the insurance deductible will be deducted from the security deposit. Please note, money may still be owed after returning the unit if: a. The insurance deductible has been exceeded, AND/OR b. There have been additional charges for one or more of the following: mileage, fuel, pets on board, excessive cleaning fee, or smoking.
- The customer is responsible for checking engine oil, fluids, and coolant levels at each refueling, as well as reporting mechanical failures immediately. Instruction and procedures for maintenance expense reimbursement are provided at the time of rental. Customers may be held responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence in vehicle operation or failure to provide normal maintenance.
- Radio, air conditioning, refrigerator, microwave and appliances, cruise control, and generator malfunctions are not considered breakdowns and no refunds are available for repair time to these items.
- Customers are responsible for reporting and payment of all parking/traffic violations.
- Motorhomes are equipped with generators. A generator is not necessary for normal vehicle operation and is subject to frequent service interruption. If the customer chooses to use the generator, extra charges accrue at $3.00 per hour as determined by a running time meter. Every rental gets three free hours of generator use per night.
- Generator expenses may be reduced by staying at locations that have electrical hookups and not allowing the generator to run when the vehicle is not occupied.
- No towing apparatus or hook-up services are provided under any circumstances. Freedom RV will provide no collision or liability coverage for damage to the towed object or for third-party injury inflicted by the towed object, under any circumstances.