If you have decided to reserve an RV rental with Freedom RV Rentals you are probably looking for a plethora of outdoor activities your whole family will enjoy. Lucky for you, the beautiful state of Pennsylvania has some of the best campsites you can visit this time of year. We have compiled a list of what we believe are Pennsylvania’s top 5 campsites to visit on any occasion.
Pennsylvania’s Campsite Countdown
- Number Five: Woodcock Creek Lake Campground, located in Meadville, PA, is number five on our countdown. This site rests among the rolling hills that border Woodcock Creek Lake. This tranquil countryside of central Crawford County is the home of the Bossard Nature Center, Colonel Crawford and Stainbrook Park, a dam site, and an overlook area. Activities include camping, picnicking, hiking, fishing, swimming and boating.
- Number Four: Buckaloons Campground, located in northern PA on the Allegheny River, Brokenstraw creek and Irvine Run. With this much water this is the perfect vacation spot for fishing enthusiast. Activities here include boating, canoeing, camping, fishing, horseshoes, hiking, biking and picnicking. There are full hookups for your RV rental as well as basketball courts for those who want to bring March Madness with them on their trip.
- Number Three: The third best campsite in Pennsylvania to visit is the Shenango River Lake Campground. Resting in the Shenango Valley in Sharpsville, the Shenango River Lake provides hours of fun for your loved ones. Many fishing enthusiasts are attracted to the waters of Shenango River Lake for the bass, walleye, muskellunge and variety of panfish that inhabit the lake. In addition, thousands of anglers are drawn to the dam’s outflow area to fish for trout which are stocked annually by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission during the spring.
- Number Two: Hearts Content Recreation Area Campground is located in Warren, PA is only second to one in our opinion. There are 26 family campsites on this picturesque area of land. Each contains a picnic table and fire ring. The trees throughout the area not only make it beautiful, but also secluded, standing are 300-400 year old white pines, hemlocks and beeches. Enjoy the nature with a morning job on the Hearts Content Scenic Interpretive Trail.
- Number One: Our number one choice of campgrounds is the Kinzua Dam and Allegheny Reservoir Campground, also located in Warren. Completely surrounded by forest, Kinzua Dam and Allegheny Reservoir are at the heart of one of the largest and most popular outdoor recreation complexes in the northeastern United States. Even though you can enjoy the same activities here as you can in many other campsites, visitors argue that you won’t find a more relaxing, secluded and beautiful area to spend your vacation.
If you are planning a visiting to one of these five, or any other PA campsites, reserve a Pennsylvania RV rental from Freedom RV Rentals. Freedom RV Rentals provides popup camper rentals, travel trailer rentals, and motor home rentals. Contact us at 814-695-9408 to reserve an RV rental today!