Ricketts Glen State Park is home to the Glens Natural Area, which is recognized as a National Natural Landmark. Here you’ll find a series of wild, free-flowing waterfalls, each cascading through rock-strewn clefts in this ancient hillside. The 94-foot Ganoga Falls is the highest of 22 named waterfalls. Ricketts Glen State Park is one of the most scenic areas in Pennsylvania. This large park is comprised of 13,050 acres in Luzerne, Sullivan and Columbia counties, making it the perfect place to vacation in an RV rental.
Ricketts Glen State Park Activities
- Swimming: The 600-foot beach is open from May to September, 8:00 a.m. to sunset. There is no lifeguard on duty. There is a food and refreshment concession, boat rental and picnic facilities located nearby.
- Boating: The 245-acre Lake Jean has dry mooring and two boat launches. A boat rental concession operates during the summer season and offers rowboats, paddleboats, kayaks, and canoes.
- Hiking: There are 26 miles of hiking trails located throughout the park. Trails vary from fairly level to very steep hills. The trails include Beach Trail, Falls Trail, Cherry Run Trail, Gonoga View Trail, Grand View Trail, Highland Trail, Mountain Springs Trail and many more.
- Camping: There are 120 tent and RV rental campsites, some are available year-round. The campground features hot showers, flush toilets, shaded sites, gravel parking spurs and a sanitary dump station. Six campsites are ADA accessible. Pets are permitted on designated sites.
- Horseback Riding: Horse riders may enjoy taking a 12.5-mile loop by riding on Cherry Run Trail, Fish Commission Road, and Mountain Springs Trail. Be sure keep a lookout for the old railroad grades, Mountain Springs Lake, and an old concrete dam once used to hold back Lake Leigh.
- Ice Fishing: In the winter, Lake Jean offers a number of ice fishing opportunities. The park does not monitor ice thickness, so it is important to remember that the ice must be at least four inches thick before ice fishing is permitted.
If you are planning a trip to Ricketts Glen State Park, make sure you reserve an RV rental with Freedom RV Rentals. Freedom RV Rentals has years of experience making our customers’ vacations in PA and all over the country fun and hassle free. We know how important family time and family vacation memories are, so we provide excellent customer service and fabulous RV rentals to turn your vacation into the family adventure of a lifetime. Contact us today at 800-474-8110 to rent an RV for your stay at Ricketts Glen State Park.