Are you planning a family vacation in Pennsylvania? Our state parks offer amazing opportunities to reconnect with nature, relax, and have fun. The team at Freedom RV Rentals suggests Prince Gallitzin State Park with its large campground on the shore of Glendale Lake for your next adventure.
Things to Do
Just a two-hour drive from Pittsburgh in the forest-covered terrain of the Allegheny Plateau, Prince Gallitzin State Park offers a wide variety of recreational activities to keep you busy or to help you unwind. A few of the park’s highlights include:
- Over 32 miles of hiking trails of varying difficulty
- 20 miles of snowmobile trails that double as mountain biking trails in the summer
- Seven miles of cross-country ski trails for winter adventurers
- Horseback riding and equestrian trails
- Swimming and beach
- Boating and fishing on Glendale Lake – there are nine public boat launching areas located throughout the park, along with three public mooring facilities and a marina.
If you’re looking for a place to set up your RV rental for a few days or a couple of weeks, Crooked Run Campground at Prince Gallitzin State Park offers 398 campsites and is open late April to late October. The campground offers basic sites, electric-only hook up, and some sites have full service hook up, which includes sewer, water, and electricity. Be sure to reserve your campsite ahead of time so you get the right services for your trailer or motorhome.
Whether you’re a local who wants to explore our home state or a visitor coming to discover everything Pennsylvania has to offer, Freedom RV Rentals has just what you need. Our travel trailers, pop-up campers, and motorhomes are reliable, affordable, and easy to use so you can focus on the adventure at hand and the memories you’re making. Our knowledgeable staff can help you choose the right RV rental and have you on the road in no time. Contact us today at (814) 695-9408, or request a quote online.